Thursday, December 24, 2009
Last Friday, after picking up Andrew from Kindergarten, we went to the Gardens to see their Christmas trees from around the world. We then got the the train rooms! Andrew asked if he could take pictures.... he loved it and took something like 50 pictures. Below are a few.
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Friday, December 18, 2009
Today, however, thanks to Meijer for a great sale with great coupons and a nice catalina coupon along with some sweet online Kelloggs & Kraft coupons, I got all you see below for......
Basically it broke down like this:
- Meijer had specific Kelloggs cereal on sale for $2. But if you bought 5 you got a free gallon of milk. I bought 10, therefore my 2 gallons of milk were free.
- However on the Rice Krispies, I saw coupons on the boxes for free marshmellows when you purchase 2 boxes. I got 4, so I went back and picked up 2 free bags of marshmellows. (Andrew wanted mini and AJ wanted large).
- I also bought 4 Kraft Cheese on sale for $1.49 each.
- Then I bought $2.23 worth of on-sale salami.
- $5 of $25 Meijer Grocery Coupon from their website.
- Two $5 off 4 boxes of Kelloggs cereal internet coupons
- $4 off any 7 boxes of cereal printed from the Meijer Catalina a few weeks ago
- Two $1 off 2 blocks of Kraft cheese internet coupons.
My boys (Andrew especially) love Frosted Flakes for breakfast (and snack and dinner if I would let them). We also love rice krispy treats... and now we have those ingredients for a quick special treat. Plus... Cocoa Krispies are a secret treat of mine. I even had a bowl tonight as my 'dessert'. What a great deals to stock our pantry for little money, Praise God.
Thursday, December 17, 2009
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Today is my birthday and for the most part, it just another busy day but with a few special things thrown in.
The plan for today so far is to
- Take Andrew to his school,
- Take someone else's kid to a different school (another story for another post),
- Go to work,
- Hubby bringing my free Qdoba for lunch (I love Birthday freebie clubs) at work,
- Picking up other kid from other school (which is pure craziness)
- Come home long enough to pull the house together & feed kiddos before sitter comes.
- Meet friends for a quick kid-less dinner out possibly ending with birthday club freebie coffee from Biggby.
I think it's going to blink by.
We already celebrated a bit. My parents came up this weekend and mom took me out Birthday/Christmas shopping. And we used another free birthday club deal and went with them to Mongolian BBQ on Sunday for lunch. Then yesterday evening, we cashed in on the sweet Old Navy Coupon I scored last week.
All in all, not a shabby way to celebrate 30-some years.
Friday, December 11, 2009
Thursday, December 10, 2009
This year, I was determined not to go through that again. In fact, when school picture time came, I almost hoped Andrew's pictures weren't that great, so there would be no temptation for me to buy them. Well, thanks to a goofy grin, my wish came true.
Now, just to be up front, his Kindergarten picture packages weren't nearly the cost of his Preschool picture packages. But still more than I would have like to spend on picture that was just so-so. Plus, even though AJ is not in school, I wanted a "school" picture for him as well.
Well, I had been putting off getting their pictures, when finally Andrew's tooth was so wiggly that it was going to come out any minute. I really wanted to get his picture taken before that happened, so I made an appt one Sunday, ran out got him a haircut, and took the boys to Target. (I know, toothless pictures are adorable, and I agree... )
Anyway, my goal was simply a replacement school picture for Andrew and one for AJ. That's it. What I got was a complete photo shoot. The pictures turned out great.... I'm biased, I realize, but I also know a dud picture when I see it too.
Monday, December 7, 2009
We arrived early in the morning (2am) Wednesday morning and the boys were completely wound up. They slept in the car and were so excited to be there, I truly did not know if we would get them back to bed. But we did and they even slept to a decent hour (meaning they didn't wake the whole house up at 6:30 am our time, 5:30 am Grandma & Grandpa time).
Wednesday, we just visited most of the day with G&G & Kristin & Josh and kiddos. We all bundled up later and hit Bass Pro Shops where they were having a "Santa Wonderland" set-up with games and activities for the kids. It was quite the place and we ended up spending a large chunk of time there.
Friday, December 4, 2009
I can't believe we are into December already.